Guild Wars has officially sold over 3 million copies. This is good news as its success will mean more development and content for us. With that I am going to cover some of the latest announcements for this months add-on. This month the big update is more of a new feature and improvement update, especially if you are a PVE player. Starting January 28th, they will allow guesting, add items to the gem store, a new PVP map, a better achievement system and new laurels. They are also including many UI improvements along with a few unknown changes.
- Temple of the Silent Storm Week: From January 28—February 4 the regular eight-team/three-round paid tournaments will be replaced by two-team/single-round paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map. After the week is over, we’ll add Temple of the Silent Storm to the regular rotation of both free and paid tournaments.
- Improved Achievement System: We’re adding a new rotation of daily achievements to add variety and encourage you to explore the open world. You’ll get different achievements every day of the week and a new achievement tracker in the UI to make it easier to track your progress.
- New Achievement Laurels:You’ll earn these brand-new laurels as a reward for daily and monthly achievements! Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!
- Guesting: With the new guesting system, you can play with friends on other worlds in the same region (North America, Europe) without changing your homeworld. Guesting is free, but going forward there will be a gem fee for transferring home worlds, so make sure you’re on the home world you want to permanently play on before 28 January!
- New Utility Infusions and Ascended Amulets: We’re adding a wide range of new gear that can be purchased with the new laurels. With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.